All students are expected to wear their uniform to foster a sense of equality and encourage pride in the Academy. Students must always wear correct uniform while in the Academy and travelling to and from the Academy. Where appropriate, students will be directed to wear their uniform on educational visits.
School shoes should be all black and have 100% leather uppers. They should have no logos and due to health and safety reasons should have strong uppers. Canvas shoes will not be permitted. Any heals should be no more than 3cm in height. Trainer, even black ones, are not acceptable.
If parents/carers would like to visit one of our stockists, Little Gems in Washington, they should state that they are planning to attend or are attending Lord Lawson Academy. This will ensure that parents/carers are directed to acceptable items of clothing.
- Black Blazer with the Academy badge (compulsory in years 7 – 10) – this will include year 11 students with effect from September 2016
- Black V-neck pullover with the Academy logo
- White cotton school shirt that must be able to be buttoned to the top
- Black smart tailored trousers – no jeans, tight fitting trousers of any description or leggings
- School tie in appropriate house block colours
- Black Blazer with the Academy badge (compulsory in years 7 – 11)
- Black V-neck pullover with the Academy logo (OPTIONAL)
- White cotton school shirt that must be able to be buttoned to the top.
- Black ‘A line style’ skirt, no shorter than 10 cms above the knee. If required suitable skirts are available from Little Gems, Washington – please advise the staff that you are from Lord Lawson Academy. Plain black tights or smart tailored black trousers - no jeans, tight fitting trousers of any description or leggings.
- School tie in appropriate house block colours.
Midriffs or underwear must never be visible
We allow students to bring their mobile phones and other devices to the Academy as they can be used in some lessons as tools to aid student learning, and obviously provide a degree of safety for students travelling to and from the Academy. However, students must ensure the security of their devices as the Academy cannot accept responsibility for such items. Students are not allowed to use mobiles to text, make or receive calls during lessons. Currently students are only permitted to use their mobile phones before school and during break and lunch time. Students should store their mobile phones in a bag or locker at all other times.Should you have any concerns over the uniform policy adopted at Lord Lawson of Beamish Academy, or require any further clarification, in the first instance, please contact your child’s tutor or House block.