The vision at Lord Lawson of Beamish Sixth Form is to give you the opportunities and experiences to prepare yourself for University, apprenticeships and the world of work. We pride ourselves on our pastoral support and range of qualifications that allow our students to achieve their potential and grow into young adults. Whilst you will be with us for 2 years of your studies, we want you to leave ready for the challenges of modern life with the skills to be lifelong learners.
Each student will be given individual meetings with experienced staff to help you make your choices and get onto the correct pathway for your chosen destination. You will then follow a study programme which includes time for your academic subjects and also for non-qualification experiences to allow you to explore the options available for when you leave. Every subject is taught by specialist subject teachers who have expertise and knowledge in their curriculum area and enjoy teaching their subjects. They know our students well which allows their relationships to make a huge contribution to their success. Alongside the curriculum team, we have our team of tutors who offer exceptional care and pastoral support to offer information, advice and guidance throughout the 2 years.
Our purpose built Independent Learning Centre allows you to have your own space for your studies. Being in the Sixth Form is about learning to become independent and resilient learners and take on more responsibility both personally and as part of the wider community. There are opportunities for students to support lower school to take part in reading programmes, sports events and school performances as well as by benefit from a week of high quality work experience.
We look forward to welcoming you into our Sixth Form and please contact us if we can be of any further help.
Sue Nellist, Director of Sixth Form
- CERN Visit 18 June 2018
- Lord Lawson Presents Cats 29 March 2018
- Holocaust Memorial day 30 January 2018
- Sixth Form Wellbeing Day 2017 08 December 2017
- Glass Centre Visit 2017 08 December 2017
- Blue Sky Trust 07 December 2017
- Road Sense 19 October 2017
- Macmillan Coffee morning 02 October 2017
- Rachel Meyer Visit 20 September 2017
- Outstanding A level results 17 August 2017
- Sharon Hodgson MP Visit 21 June 2017
- A Level Coastal fieldwork 21 June 2017
- On Location 08 May 2017
- Our House Musical 17 March 2017
- Sixth Form ICAEW BASE 2017 10 March 2017
- Lord Lawson on the Lowdown… 06 January 2017
- Annual Kilcoyne Christmas Lecture 2016 04 January 2017
- Talk by Heriot Watt Chemistry lecturer 06 December 2016
- SIXTH FORM SUPPORT CHILDREN IN NEED 21 November 2016
- Women in Sports Media 17 November 2016
- Students visit ‘Inside Out’ Exhibition 08 November 2016
- Year 13 Geography Field Trip 05 October 2016
- Sixth Form Host Macmillan Coffee Morning 03 October 2016
- Rugby Success 28 September 2016
- Jeans for Genes Day 2016 27 September 2016
- Year 13 visit to Life 08 September 2016
- Outstanding GCSE Results 25 August 2016
- Congratulations to Year 13 & 14 students 18 August 2016